Our honey is produced locally in South Carolina giving it a rich aroma, mild flavor and a beautiful amber color. Our "Premium Comb Honey" preserves the distinctive flavors, nutrients, antioxidants, important enzymes, trace minerals and pollen grains naturally found in honey. You will recieve either a round (pictured) or hexagon-shaped jar.
While we strain our honey to remove bee parts, you may find naturally-occuring pollens and wax pieces in the jar. Everything is edible--and makes a great gift! (read below to learn about the benefits of honey comb and how to enjoy it!)
We do not use any chemical treatments (antibiotics or pesticides) on our bees, instead allowing nature to work the way it's supposed to. The result is a stunning and flavorful raw honey, devoid of toxins or allergens.
Heavenly honeycomb 🐝
Read on for the fascinating scoop on raw honeycomb:
Honeycomb is a natural product made by honey bees to store honey and pollen or house their larvae.
It consists of a series of hexagonal cells constructed from beeswax which generally contain raw honey.
Raw honey differs from commercial honey because it’s not pasteurized or filtered.
Honeycomb may also contain some bee pollen, propolis, and royal jelly — additional bee products with potential health benefits of their own.
You can eat the whole honeycomb, including the honey and waxy cells surrounding it.
The raw honey has a more textured consistency than filtered honey. In addition, the waxy cells can be chewed as a gum.
Honeycomb is rich in carbohydrates and antioxidants. It also contains trace amounts of several other nutrients.
Because it hasn’t been processed, raw honey contains enzymes like glucose oxidase, which give honey antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
Such enzymes are destroyed by the heating and filtering used to process most commercial honey.
Antioxidants are beneficial plant compounds that promote health, reduce inflammation, and protect your body against disease. Their levels may be up to 4.3 times higher in raw than in processed honey.
Polyphenols are honey’s main type of antioxidant. Research suggests that they may help reduce your risk of diabetes, dementia, heart disease, and even certain types of cancer.
Honeycomb also contains beeswax, which provides heart-healthy long-chain fatty acids and alcohols. These compounds may help lower cholesterol levels.
Honeycomb may boost your body’s ability to fight certain bacteria and fungi.
For instance, test-tube studies show that beeswax extracts may offer protection against fungi and disease-causing bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus, Candida albicans, Salmonella enterica,and E. coli.
Best ways to enjoy it:
1. Spread a spoonful of honeycomb over butter on fresh, warm bread straight from the oven or toaster. It’s especially decadent on pancakes, waffles, and banana bread!
2. Honeycomb is a great addition to any charcuterie board. It works wonderfully with bread, meat, fruit, and of course, cheese! If you like strong, flavourful cheeses, we recommend a chunk of honeycomb with blue cheese and a slice of pear or apple. If you like lighter, milder cheese, add honeycomb to a cracker with baked brie or camembert and a little rosemary.
3. Start your day off right with a slice of honeycomb melting over a warm bowl of oatmeal, or into plain yogurt for a kick of natural sweetness.
4. Honeycomb is a surprising addition that takes artisan pizza to the next level. Try a touch of honeycomb with salami and chili oil, or with prosciutto, balsamic vinegar, and basil.
5. Of course, the most deliciously indulgent way to eat honeycomb is straight from the container with a spoon! It’s a delightful way to begin the morning, a sweet lunchtime mood-booster, or a guilt-free treat at the end of a long day.
Premium Raw Comb Honey/Honeycomb in Jar (9-12oz)
All items are final sale however we want you to love what you purchase so if any issues arise, please contact us immediately so we can make it right!